Monday, August 27, 2012

THE BEST LAID PLANS OF MICE AND MEN....

I'm sure most of you have heard the quote by Robert Burns about "the best laid plans of mice and men" well today those best laid plans tried to get the best of me! I pulled out all of my weapons and fought back. Let's go back to the beginning. Upon awakening I put on my pedometer determined to count every step I took. I knew I had to run some errands so this was going to be a good measure of how many steps I could realistically take in a day. One of the stops I had to make was at Walmart. And you know Walmart has a reputation of holding people hostage. I walked around the store for 3, yes 3 hours! It was near the end of my  shopping excursion I realized I hadn't heard the "click, click" sound of my pedometer! I had put on a pair of slacks, clipped my pedometer to my pants pocket so I wouldn't lose it and decided to change outfits. I forgot the pedometer!!! I would love to know how many steps today's journey equaled but until the next shopping trip to Walmart..I won't know.

How many steps do you think you walked today?

No comments:

Post a Comment