Monday, February 10, 2014

BACK TO SCHOOL

I attended the Back To School Night celebration at my church last night and was reminded of times past when I was preparing my 4 children to go back to school. The end of summer was bittersweet: gone soon would be the days where the kids could sleep late, not have to dress up everyday, play and have fun with their friends. But gone also would be my freedom from worrying about them not having enough to do to keep them busy all day while I was working. As I watched the students last night enthusiastically gearing up for school to start I started praying for them to be able to attend school without the added pressure of a deranged student coming into the building dead set on hurting or killing the unsuspecting. I started praying that the leaders of our schools would have the best interest of the students at heart. I prayed for the parents to be patient with their kids as they struggled through some of their classes, peer pressure, bullying and for them to have enough money to clothe, feed their kids and provide whatever is needed for their kids to get the best education possible.

Do I miss my kids not being in school..absolutely not. While those things I mentioned above weren't at issue when they were young there are still things that as a parent I worry about. I pray for God to keep them safe from all hurt, harm and danger; seen and unseen. I pray for them a stress free life. I pray for their lives and the lives of their children, my grandchildren.

I urge all of you to keep our youth lifted up in prayer since they are our future.

No comments:

Post a Comment