Monday, September 3, 2012

ME - A BAKER?

I love www.pinterest.com! I repeat, I LOVE www.pinterest.com! I love looking at other people's ideas and wondering if I can put stuff like that together. Well I found out I can! I've never been much of a baker preferring to purchase ready made cakes and cookies (neither of which I need to eat right now) but I found a recipe for Easy Lemon Cookies on pinterest.com I just had to try. I had most of the ingredients except for cake mix and the lemon extract, yes, I said cake mix! I'm using Deanna Alicia's picture because I forgot to take pictures of my own. They looked exactly like this. I fudged the recipe a little and used 2 teaspoons of lemon extract and the next time I may use 3 (we like lemon) and I will make them flatter to see if I can make them a little less "cakey" but overall it was a delicious easy recipe. A fun one to try with the kids. We got about 30 cookies out of this recipes but our cookies were different shapes and sizes. Happy Baking!





Ingredients:

1 (18.25 ounce) package lemon cake mix               1 teaspoon lemon extract
2 eggs                                                                    1/3 cup confectioners' sugar for decoration
1/3 cup vegetable oil

Directions:

1.  Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).

2.  Pour cake mix into a large bowl.  Stir in eggs, oil and lemon extract until well blended.  Drop teaspoonfuls of dough into a bowl of confectioners' sugar.  Roll them around until they're lightly covered.  Once sugared, put them on an ungreased cookie sheet.

3.  Bake for 6 to 9 minutes in the preheated oven.  The bottoms will be light brown and the insides will be chewy.


No comments:

Post a Comment